Closure of Information Points
From 16 March 2020, the counters of the information points will not be operated until further notice.
Restrictions for Validations due to Closed Buildings
Due to the closure of the UZH buildings, validations are not possible without the appropriate access authorization for the building. If you are unable to carry out an absolutely necessary validation, please contact the UZH Card Office.
All other services will continue to be provided, but only digitally, by the UZH Card Office of Student Services:
Phone: +41 44 634 50 87
Table of contents
UZH Cards are always issued without any information on the thermal printing field. To activate your card, you must validate it at a UZH validation station, and then re-validate it at regular intervals.
You will only be issued a (new) UZH Card when you join the University for the first time, change your name, or lose your card. For all other changes, you can simply re-validate your card to update the information on the thermal printing field.
When Must I Validate my UZH Card?
You must re-validate your card when:
- you receive a new card
- your card expires (date in thermal printing field)
- you change your study details, e.g. degree program (students only)
- you apply for or cancel ASVZ membership (staff only)
- your job function changes (staff only)
- you take on dual staff/student status
How to Validate a (New) UZH Card
- Sign your UZH Card upon receipt.
- Validate it at a UZH validation station.
- Students may destroy their old cards. Staff and visitors should return old cards to the access delegate of their respective unit or to their superior.
How to Renew Card Validity
You must renew the validity of your card at regular intervals by re-validating it at a UZH validation station.
Students must re-validate their cards every semester. Mandated instructors must also re-validate their cards every semester; all other staff must re-validate their cards annually. Holders of UZH guest cards must apply for card renewal to their respective access delegate at least one month before expiration of their card.
Please see the following detailed information on card validity:
How to Update UZH-Related Information on Your Card
You can update UZH-related information on your card by simply re-validating it at a UZH validation station. For further information see also changes to UZH-related details.